Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Viewers' choice awards

Congratulations to the winners of the three Fairholme Quilters Viewer's Choice awards 2014:

Viewers' Choice:  Shades of the Orient, Noelle Sona



Made in classes with Chris Jurd at Cottage Quiltworks using the foundation piecing method. I enjoyed making the blocks but found selecting the colours difficult. Even so, I am happy with the result. It was fun collecting the different fabrics although I originally started making the quilt to use up my stash of Japanese fabric, some of which my daughter sent to me from Japan – I now have more than I started with. Designed by Chris Jurd.










Runner-up:  The Wedding Quilt, Janice Freelander




This quilt was commenced in Margaret Sampson George’s “Anna Levens” quilt workshop. I wanted to create a different border – inspiration for this came from the quilt “Ann’s legacy” by Di Ford. This quilt design appealed to me as I love “Toile de Jouy” fabrics. The challenge was to find the right one. The next challenge was the complementary fabrics. Once this quilt evolved I knew it would be the perfect wedding quilt for my daughter. Beautifully machine quilted by Jo-Anne Phillips (Quiltwise).





Colour challenge 2014:  Aftermath of the Springwood Bushfires, October 2014, Val Nadin


The challenge, set by Roslyn Pullen, was to select a photo of a natural environment, and make a quilt using some or all of the colours from the photo. The quilt size was to be no greater than 50 cm on any side.

No comments:

Post a Comment