Monday, September 10, 2012

Fairholme Quilters Exhibition 2012 (19): Mostly blue

Click on the images for a larger view:


57 RAIL FENCE
This was a kit purchased from Reece Scannell. I like the cotton fabric he has created which has a look and feel of silk. I finished off the quilt with some machine stitching.
Jo-Ann Phillips


20 BLUE CABLE
A surprise for my husband’s 60th birthday – his favourite colour being blue and keeping the pattern simple I was able to finish the quilting at my daughter’s home while babysitting her girls.
Louise Church



18 OUT OF THE BLUE
One of my favourite quilt blogs to read is Quiltville Quips and Snips by Bonnie K. Hunter.Bonnie is great at using a traditional block pattern and tweaking it a little to give it just that little different look.This is my quilt using her "My Blue Heaven" pattern and I have changed the star block corners. My stash provided all the fabric for this quilt including the backing but unfortunately does not seem to have reduced it very much. Quilted by Donna Warren at Get it Quilted
Lynette Harvey



55 A TOUCH OF GREEN
Mixing a touch of green with the blue and white, as seen in nature. Also a ‘nature’ embroidery on reverse side. I hand-stitched circles on squares, then cut into quarters and machine pieced into position. Hand quilted.
Robyn Leek

No comments:

Post a Comment