Saturday, August 11, 2012

Fairholme Quilters Exhibition 2012 (9):saturated colour















84 HEATWAVE
A holiday project started when the temperature was hovering around 40°. I challenged myself to use only fabrics from my stash. The quilt was hand-pieced at group meetings.
Val Nadin



43 SUNSHINE THROUGH MY WINDOW
Evan and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2011, and this quilt was my present to Evan. It is a joyous bright quilt, made using ‘Hidden Nine Patches’. I used all my favourite fabrics, and as I made the patches the colours took centre stage, leading me to arrange them in a wash of colour waves that reminded me of the sunshine that pours through our window every morning. Beautifully quilted by Jo-Ann Phillips of Quiltwise.
Miriam Jones




40 QUILT FOR ROSEMARY
The quilt was made for my daughter to celebrate her graduation from university. The design was inspired by a pattern in an AP&Q Magazine. Machine quilted by Jo-Ann Phillips, Quiltwise.
Roslyn Pullen




88 ORIGAMI CRANES
Taken from a design in ‘Quilts with Style’ 2006. In the Peace Park in Hiroshima, Japan, thousands of rainbow coloured folded paper cranes are draped over the memorial to the children who died as a result of the bombing there. A little girl, Sadako Sasaki – through her desire for peace, made 1000 folded paper peace cranes and to this day children still make these cranes stacking them in long chains. Foundation pieced and machine quilted.
Georgie Patrickson

No comments:

Post a Comment