Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fairholme Quilters Exhibition 2012 (4): a selection of medallion quilts

Fourth in a series of posts in which we will share the quilts from our biennial exhibition, held in April 2012.  Click on the images for a larger view. 




24.   PINE TREES
Inspired by “Quilt Projects by Machine” Sewing Reference Library book, Singer. I wanted to test my skills using the ‘grid-piecing method’ shown in the above book. Flying geese and borders inspired from country style wall-hanging by Hitomi Fujita shown in Country Style Patchwork magazine. The quilt was made for my husband and myself. Machine quilted by Emi’s Patch at Eastwood.      Pat Nerlich




47 FLEW THE COOP
I couldn’t resist these cheeky roosters. They seemed to say, “look how clever we are, we have flown the 
coop and are living amongst the daisies!” The design for the top of the quilt is the Brick Bracket Medallion 

Quilt from Kaffe Fassett’s book “Quilts in the Sun”. However the back of the quilt is just as important as the 

front. I decided to free form piece the back using up all the left over fabrics. It took 

much, much longer than the top to put together, but was a lot of fun and very satisfying. Not only did I enjoy 

putting it together, I managed to use up nearly every last scrap of fabric. 

The quilt was machine quilted by Christy Wang of Quilting Treasures, Pymble.     
Helen Battellino





(Photographs by Andrew Freelander)

No comments:

Post a Comment